- Inspiration for Recovery
- Understanding ED
- Emotions, Feeling and Health
- Supporting ED sufferers: Family, Carers, Friends, Teachers, Coaches ...
- Society's Influence and ED in the Media
- Men and ED
- Talk About ED
- Gallery List
Why crying is fantastic
Sun, 15/07/2012 - 23:08
I've been very tearful lately. Not the depressed sort of tearful, but more the HAPPY sort of tearful. Crying at everything. Every possible emotion is presenting itself with tears. I've been kinda beating myself up about it. Saw a man fall off his bike, cried with concern. Saw a very old couple holding hands, cried with happiness. Speak in group, tears of asdfghjk. etc etc.
But instead of thinking of crying as lots of negative things, I'm trying to get myself to see it as a good thing.
SO..... Was hoping we could all talk about why crying is a good thing?!
1. stress release
2. means we're not numb and that our cry (think of the grunty noise inside a teddy bear) is not broken.
3. expresses an emotion and is communicative
4. it is actually little bits of ed leaving our bodies via our eyes, my own theory. please don't steal it :P
5. we often feel better after a good cry
6. feeling of release, cathartic
7. google says it enhances attachment and friendships
8. removal of toxins (google says onion tears and wah wah wah tears are very different chemically)
9. lubricate the eyes. dried prune eye would NOT be a good look :P
10. cleans your nose of debris (google, i love you)
11. contains anti-bacterial agents so stops eye infections woo hoo
12. it helps us decorate our cheeks with mascara
So from now on when I see someone crying, I am going to highfive them and congratulate them on their clean nostrils, their infection-less and non-prune-like eyeballs, and all the beaufiful bits of condition flowing away.
Mon, 16/07/2012 - 09:57#1
I liked your post. I go
I liked your post. I go through periods of crying at anything and again often out of happiness or being touched be something I've seen. I too think crying is great, it releases so much tension and the body's natural way to deal with any emotion. I liked all your positive reasons to crying. Let the tears flow! My mum cries at baby elephants or pretty much anything. Lol She never used to but since she's got older the tears just flow. I tend to be a randomly tearful but as females we tend to me more tearful anyway. As you have listed the benefits are quite remarkable!